JimiC is an enigma, nay, a riddle, the answer to which is 42. He was born in a crossfire hurricaine. He doesn’t understand these kids today with their hula-hoops and their Dan Fogelberg. He thinks amplifier feedback is your friend and generates as much as his ears can possibly stand. He also thinks Mike Judge’s Idiocracy is an excellent documentary about modern western civilization.
Nine things you should know about JimiC (because The Man won’t let him have ten…):
- He loves baseball.
- He loves all things zombie-related and feels he is prepared to survive the impending zombie apocalypse.
- He believes Kevin Shields will someday finish the follow up to Loveless.
- He believes instead of “James” he should have been named “Jameson,” as that is what constitutes roughly 20% of his bloodstream at any given evening hour.
- His favorite film is Valley Girl. No, really.
- He has three cats and at least 8 nicknames for each one.
- He has been married for over 10 years, been at the same job for over 11 years and driven the same car for over 7 years. He is the living personification of the concept of inertia.
- He watches more TV than could reasonably be considered healthy, yet manages to have a full social life and participate in numerous activities that require “effort” and/or “participation.”
- He wants “Porpoise Song” by the Monkees (preferably as covered by Sunset Valley) played at his funeral.
What’s pumpin’ on the stereo right about now:
- Something Old: The Pop Group, Y; Modern English, After the Snow; The Gun Club, Miami
- Something New: Grinderman, S/T; Sister Vanilla, Little Pop Rock; The Early Years, S/T; The Long Blondes, Someone to Drive You Home
- Something Borrowed: Every song he’s ever “written” himself. If he ever had a completely original idea, he’d likely suffer an sudden aneurysm and drop dead on the spot.
- Something Blue: The Blue Aeroplanes, friendloverplane
Enough about him, what do you think of him?