Your favorite Crocodile memories
I'm so incredibly bummed about what appears to have moved beyond rumor to truth in the past few hours -- our beloved Crocodile Cafe has closed its doors for good, as of last night.
I have had countless good memories at the venue, and I'm betting most of our readers have as well. I thought this would be as good a place as any to share. I'm sure I'm going to think of zillions more over the coming days, but off the top of my head, some spectacular nights spent at the Crocodile included seeing...
- The Long Winters in 2002 (this was the night the idea TIG was born!!)
- Carissa's Wierd with In Praise of Folly, the Decemberists, and the Prom, Valentine's Day 2003 (my first date with my now husband).
- Our TIG-sponsored 69 Love Songs tribute night, February 7, 2006.
- Secret Death Cab show, 2003.
- The Delgados, April 2003.
- Robyn Hitchcock, Visqueen, and Grand Archives, all earlier this year.
Please share your favorite moments from the Croc in the comments below. Think of it as imaginary therapy!